PD + BUSINESS TRAVEL
Assist artists and industry professionals in New Brunswick with:
- Expenses associated in participating in national and international music industry conferences, trade fairs, business trips and business development missions.
- Professional development activities including mentorship and training.
LEVEL OF INVESTMENT
A maximum of $2,000 per application
- Attending domestic and international music industry conferences, trade fairs, business trips and business development missions .
- In-person or online training that can help further the applicant’s career (e.g. recording, social media, marketing, business or financial management) .
- In-person or online mentorship opportunities. Mentorship projects must contribute to the Mentees’ career/ business/ entrepreneurial development and acquisition of new technical skills.
Stagecraft: Working with a stage coach, stylist, sound and/or light technician, or any other stage professional with a track record in stagecrafting.
Applicants must submit one application per event/project.
- Eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis in consultation with the Program Manager. Applicants who are applying for a training or mentorship project must email the Program Manager at email@example.com prior to submitting an application to determine the eligibility of proposed activity.
Classes, private lessons or mentorship given on a weekly or continual basis are not eligible. This component is not designed for higher education courses delivered during a semester or where the applicant will obtain education credits (e.g. college or university course). Projects involving Live Performance, Marketing and Showcase are not eligible in this component. Please apply under their respective components.
This component has a rolling deadline. Applications are reviewed on the first Tuesday of each month by a jury starting April 4, 2023. No application is accepted after 6 PM AST on February 5, 2024.
Applications must be submitted at least two (2) business days prior to the departure date and no earlier than three (3) months in advance of travel.
Decisions regarding the application will be communicated a maximum of two (2) weeks after the first Tuesday of each month.